Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Waiting....for my niece....

Am waiting to hear the chuckle that will follow my laughter
Am waiting to take our special walks together
Am waiting to answer your weird little questions
Am waiting to pour out all my love and affection

Am waiting to see your toothless smile
Am waiting to sing endlessly your favourite lullaby
Am waiting to see the bright sparkle in your eyes
Am waiting to run around and chase pretty butterflies

Am waiting to get lost in your made up stories
Am waiting to learn your simple life theories
Am waiting to get lost in your little arms
Am waiting to be used as your firearm

Am waiting coz the Good Lord has asked me to
He's shaping and forming and making you
Watching me wait HE chooses to smile
Coz in HIS perfect timing..You'll be here...The most awaited child!!

2 comments:

NA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NA said...

she's going to be the luckiest,most loved baby alive cos she has YOU waiting for her...and my dear bernice, u have mastered the art of making me cry every 2nd day nowadays...whats with you...is it you or is it my heart exploding with more n more love n gratitude for you with each passing day?