Friday, February 8, 2008

Journey...

Didn't know where I was going
or where I was headed to
I did not have the answer
nor did I have any clue
Life was one long journey
and i was travelling all alone
with no one in this whole wide world
who i could call my own..

I was carrying a load of guilt and sin
of sorrows and tears and heartache within
I had hardened my heart
and wasn't willing to share
even though the burden was heavy beyond compare
I thought i could make it on my own
even though there was no strength left in my bones

I thought God didn't have time to listen to my prayers
Either he was too busy or he just didn't care
But then i saw someone,walking beside me
And i asked myself,"who could this be?"
He too carried something,i couldn't clearly see
and when i looked at him
He smiled at me...

"Give me your burden of sorrows and tears
Aren't you tired carrying them all these years?"
"But sir,"I said,"Your burden is great..
How can you carry mine in this state?"
He stopped and lovingly said to me
"I've come all the way just for thee"

I was filled with gladness
and my joy knew no bounds
The friend i was looking for atlast had been found
And then i saw his burden clearly..

It was THE CROSS on which he had died for ME..

"How can i ever thank you
O Lord Divine?
for taking my burdens
and making me THINE..."

No comments: