Saturday, February 9, 2008

'The Bench'

We just sit here and watch the world go by,
The hustle,the bustle,the crowd nearby..
Feels like so many stories just walking around...
Some old rusted paperbacks,some neat leather hardbound.

We laugh and cry and talk and sigh,
We wouldn't care less if a star passed by...
There's so much to tell and so much to share
sometimes with words and sometimes just a silent affair..

Life has a way of getting back at us
And now i stare at the bench...empty..from the bus
I see you and me there,throwing back our heads in laughter
Discussing our lives and its different questions and answers

I can't help but stop and walk across
The bench embraces me and away fades the chaos
It's you,me and the laughter again.....everything comes alive
This is so real!! just can't be a film running from the Archives!!

Then just as sudden as it happened...I'm left alone
The bench and me and the world unknown
The sky opens up and am glad it's raining
Easy to hide these tearsand a heart thats aching

The Bench and me..we miss you being here
But I know we'll get together soon and not over several years
And just pickup with ease from where we left last
But till then i sit here...alone on our bench..reliving the past....

1 comment:

NA said...

That bench, that moment, its yours and mine. That one bench is a symbol of all those other benches we have managed to create out of nowhere and nothing.Its a symbol of who you and I are in each other's presence. And that bench is incomplete without the 2 of us together. It can never be replaced by someone else. Because if it did, it would no longer be the same bench. That bench is the story of our life and friendship. And the One who put us on it for the 1st time will take us back there again.