Saturday, February 9, 2008

'Mary in Martha's World'

Another day and another morning breaks
Bringing with it another bundle of chores
I get up and pray,"Lord how many more?
Do days like these,do I have to endure?"
Clothes to be washed and children to be fed
Seeing off to work the husband I have wed
A home to be cleaned and beds to be made
Food to be cooked and on the table laid

"Work just doesn't seem to get over", I grumble
"I never have time for myself", I continue to mumble
Just then am surprised at what I see
It's my reflection in the mirror staring back at me
Why does it seem like someone else standing there?
We're kind of similiar but still a mismatched pair.

"What's all the confusion about?", she asks
"Don't all the other women do the same tasks?
Do you remember this sunday your promise to the Lord
To spend more time with Him and His word?
How many sundays have gone by like this
But He's still waiting ,counting days without a miss
You've created a world which is so fast
You're so caught up in work,you've lost track...Alas!"

"God knows my heart!" I cry back aloud,
"I've missed so much I have no doubt
O Lord forgive me for keeping you at bay
I should have been at your feet,listening to whatever you say
I've been a true Martha in Martha's world
Lord make me the 'Mary' who's hungry for your word
I know it's going to be tough for me, But Lord I plead
Because you said to Martha,There's only one thing you need..
Let me too choose Like Mary what is better
So that I may sit at your feet..... forever....."

No comments: