Friday, August 29, 2008

'The Play'

Wish i was just part of an audience watching all this unfold
Wish it was just a character already set in a mould
But is life that simple? Can emotions be tamed?
Can i say this is what i choose to feel and it's going to remain the same??

But my stage is alive! I change i do
I sit at the edge of my chair! I laugh! I cry in solitude!
I say I dont believe in love but breathe it all the time
I say I love peace but then commit my own secret crimes

Is it just me who is confused in a world of thoughts?
Is it just me who seems to be stuck in the same plot?
Is my plot changing or am i being changed by it?
Am i feeling what i feel or is it just a way that i feel?

I struggle to understand should i take this step or should i step back
I hear different voices say "this and not that!"
But this is life isnt it?
How can it be rehearsed?
How can i already know? How can I be sure?

Right now i just sit as the stage unfolds
Its the part where love is desperately shaking my stronghold
What will I do? What will i say?
Will love find me or will my heart be thrown away?
Wish i had sheets of dialogues that I could look through
wish i could give you a sneak preview...

But Ha!! Life's not a stage and I am no actor
Am just a struggling writer who's fed up of the mystery factor
I'll wait..I'll watch like i have always done before
Who knows...??
I may be the next best seller at your favourite bookstore!!

1 comment:

dil hi to hai... said...

Hi B,

A nice post... I will wait to have a copy of that best-seller!! Why I am excited about this possibility? Well, who can fathom the joy of finding one's name in the acknowlegement or bibliography section of B's best-seller...