Friday, March 20, 2009

'I Laugh...I Cry'

You Wept
as they stood there watching
You shared their pain
even though
you were going to raise him up again
Wonder how you would have wept
Was it a steady stream
or was it a trickle
Did you wipe your tears as you cried
or did you just let them be

Don't know how
But am sure you feel the same pain
It doesn't matter if mine roll
or if they trickle
You wept
and you do it with me again

Wish I'd seen you laugh
or just your radiant smile
Did your laughter have the roar
or was it 'turn-the-face-red' kinds
I bet you cracked jokes
and made those disciples laugh
Did your eyes close? Did you chuckle?
Or was it both of them combined?

Don't know how
But am sure you feel the same joy
Doesnt matter if I chuckle
or if my eyes close
You share my joy
and so I laugh....because I know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gud one.. another master piece.. :)

Anonymous said...

“The tremendous figure which fills the gospels towers in this respect, as in every other, above all the thinkers who ever thought themselves tall. His pathos was natural, almost casual. The Stoics, ancient and modern, were proud of concealing their tears. He never concealed His tears; He showed them plainly on His open face at any daily sight, such as the far sight of His native city. Yet He concealed something. Solemn supermen and imperial diplomatists are proud of restraining their anger. He never restrained His anger. He flung furniture down the front steps of the Temple, and asked men how they expected to escape the damnation of Hell. Yet He restrained something. I say it with reverence; there was in that shattering personality a thread that must be called shyness. There was something that he covered constantly by abrupt silence or impetuous isolation. There was some one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth; and I have sometimes fancied that it was His mirth.” ~ G.K. Chesterton , Orthodoxy, 170

Jakes said...

Heartfelt